Are you stressed-out lately? Do you need some kind of mood enhancer? Whether you just want to be more adventurous with your coffee or want it to treat your disease here is a delicious THC infused coffee recipe.
This THC infused drink is great for those who use marijuana both for medical and recreational purposes. Before we proceed with the recipe here are some important facts about cannabis that you might want to learn. Cannabis is a plant with a chemical that affects receptors in the brain, this causes the high that people feel when they consume the leaves. Studies have shown that medical marijuana can cure several diseases.
THC Infused Coffee Recipe
Here’s what you need:
- Strainer with fine holes
- Kettle or pot for boiling
- Large bowl
- Four measuring cups
- Coffee maker
How to Brew Weed Coffee:
- Grind the half gram of cannabis as finely as possible (if you don’t have a grinder make sure to chop the leaves to pieces as fine as you can).
- Bring the three cups of water to boil
- When the water is at a boiling temperature, put the two tablespoons of coconut oil or butter. Let it simmer. It is just natural that water and oil or butter will not completely mix. Fun fact: Cannabis is mixed with butter because it increases its potency by absorbing the cannabis chemical.
- Then, sprinkled the grounded cannabis and let it sit for forty minutes till it is totally soaked
- Keep stirring for several more minutes so that the grounded weed does not stick together
- Finally, use the strainer to get rid of extra shredded leaves
How to Make THC Infused Coffee:
- Pour the cannabis brew into the coffee maker
- Add your favorite ground coffee
- Start brewing the marijuana-infused coffee
- Enjoy your cup of cannabis coffee with creamer or milk and honey
If you are a busy person and don’t have the luxury of time to brew cannabis leaves here is a simpler process of how to make THC coffee.
- Stir the cannabis butter into the freshly brewed coffee or you can buy cannabutter from licensed stores provided you live in a country where cannabis is legal
- You can prefer to pour a drop of honey for added flavor
- Or you can sprinkle kief in a cup of coffee then add creamer or milk
There are coffee shops that offer infused coffee as well. Round up your local coffee shops once you feel the urge.
A Word of Advice
There you have it! Your very own homemade weed coffee. You can now enjoy the benefits of freshly made cannabis-infused coffee at the comforts of your home. A word of caution though, it is not for the faint of heart (figuratively and literally). Aside from its recreational effects, there are other cannabis-infused drinks effects that you might want to learn before trying coffee and weed combinations. Remember that the caffeine in coffee is an upper and the THC in cannabis leaves is a downer, these two are opposite elements. Take extra precaution.
Side Effects of THC Infused Coffee
When you drink a homemade weed drink you should know its effects on your body and how it impacts your lifestyle. The effects of depend upon the individual’s tolerance, metabolism, weight, and other variables. Here are some possible effects of coffee and THC.
- It is popularly used as an anti-anxiety medication. Medical marijuana is being used to address anxiety, specifically social anxiety.
- Research says that CBD increases motivation and focus.
- Some reports say that it enhances sleep patterns.
- Cannabis chemicals stimulate brain receptors thus boosting the brain functions
- Medical marijuana is widely known as a pain reliever
- Surprisingly some medical research studies report that CBD combats nicotine addiction.
- It enhances one’s mood and reduces stress.
However, experts say that if you decide to mix marijuana and caffeine follow some steps to avoid undesirable reactions.
- Start smart! Start with a small amount. Less than the usual amount that you typically take individually. This way you will give your body ample time to acclimatize with the combination of coffee and weed.
- Give more time for your body to adjust and observe yourself. If you feel adverse reactions such as rapid heart palpitation stop immediately.
Here are some words of advice; be a responsible marijuana user. Maximize the medical benefits of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) other than its recreational effects. More and more people are beginning to appreciate the healing capacity of cannabis leaves and some countries already legalized the consumption of marijuana to some extent. Lastly, know the laws in your country, remember that ignorance of this is not an excuse. Enjoy your coffee!